Green Lake is a 309 acre all-sports lake located in Caledonia (Leighton Township) Allegan County, Michigan. The lake is located 19 miles south of downtown Grand Rapids and 8 miles south of M-6/Kalamazoo Ave interchange. The lake is located on Kalamazoo Ave south of 100th St (the same Kalamazoo Ave that originates in Grand Rapids).
The lake is well known for its crystal clear water, greenish/blue water coloration, sandy/gravel bottom and excellent water sking and fishing conditions. The deepest point of the lake is approximately 70 feet.
Green Lake has a mix of year around homes and summer cottages with a significant number of new year around homes being built in the past several years. Approximately 75% of the homes are year around residents and 25% cottages.
- Slow down on the roads and watch for kids, walkers, runners etc. The speed limit is 25 mph.
- Please remember to stay 100′ away from all other boats, swimming areas, floating docks etc.
- Operate your boat in a counter-clockwise direction around the lake.
- Please use appropriate lawn fertilizers that will not promote the growth of seaweed in the lake due to natural water run-off to the lake.
- Please keep your dogs on leashes or fenced in and be courteous and pick up your animal’s “messes” from other people’s yards.
Board of Directors (2017):
|Rod Alderink – President||Marlene Plummer|
|John Tymes – Vice President||John Burke|
|Dick Post – Treasurer||Tom Meier|
|Brian Wierenga – Asst. Treasurer||Jeff Berlin|
|Patti Ashack – Secretary||Kara Buursma|
|Bryan Roodvoets||Tyce DeBoer|
|Scott Rowley||Melanie Heffner|
|Membership Drive||Rod Alderink, Dick Post & John Burke|
|Boating Safety Class||Marlene Plummer & Jeff Berlin|
|Pancake Breakfasts||Mary Richard|
|July 4th Parade||Tyce DeBoer & Kara Buursma|
|August Association Meeting & Ice Cream Social||Rod Alderink & Kara Buursma|
|5k Run/Walk + Kids Run||Lindsay Kolar, Katie Ashack & Heather Tymes|
|Lake Vegitation Task Force||Doug Hoek & Tom VanderBie|
|Road Safety & Speed Task Force||Bryan Roodvoets & John Burke|
|Welcome Baskets||Sue Kuipers|
|Association Photographer||Lou Murray|
|Landscape Caretakers||Kim & Barb Greene|