Green Lake is a 309 acre all-sports lake located in Caledonia (Leighton Township) Allegan County, Michigan. The lake is located 19 miles south of downtown Grand Rapids and 8 miles south of M-6/Kalamazoo Ave interchange. The lake is located on Kalamazoo Ave south of 100th St (the same Kalamazoo Ave that originates in Grand Rapids).
The lake is well known for its crystal clear water, greenish/blue water coloration, sandy/gravel bottom and excellent water sking and fishing conditions. The deepest point of the lake is approximately 70 feet.
Green Lake has a mix of year around homes and summer cottages with a significant number of new year around homes being built in the past several years. Approximately 75% of the homes are year around residents and 25% cottages.
- Slow down on the roads and watch for kids, walkers, runners etc. The speed limit is 25 mph.
- Please remember to stay 100′ away from all other boats, swimming areas, floating docks etc.
- Operate your boat in a counter-clockwise direction around the lake.
- Please use appropriate lawn fertilizers that will not promote the growth of seaweed in the lake due to natural water run-off to the lake.
- Please keep your dogs on leashes or fenced in and be courteous and pick up your animal’s “messes” from other people’s yards.
Board of Directors (2022/2023):
|Rod Alderink – President||Yana Brown|
|John Tymes – Vice President||John Burke|
|Brian Wierenga – Treasurer||Lonnie Rynders|
|Melanie Heffner – Secretary||Jeff Berlin|
|Dick Post||Casey Bond|
|Bryan Roodvoets||Tyce DeBoer|
|Scott Rowley||Marc Buist|
|Fishing Tournament||Tim Speyer|
|Membership Drive||Rod Alderink, Brian Wierenga|
|Boating Safety Class||Scott Rowley & John Tymes|
|Pancake Breakfasts||Mary Richard|
|July 4th Parade||Tyce DeBoer|
|August Family Night Association Meeting||Yana Brown & Rod Alderink|
|5k Run/Walk + Kids Run||Lauren Morehouse|
|Lake Vegitation Task Force||Tom VanderBie & Rod Alderink|
|Road Safety & Speed Task Force||Bryan Roodvoets & Dick Post|
|Welcome Baskets||Sue Kuipers|
|Association Photographer||Lou Murray|
|Landscape Caretakers||Frank Werner & Muriel Walters|
|Association Flowers||Jamie Alderink|
|Annual Directory||Jamie Alderink & Elizabeth Mohney|